Events & News
FREE! KEWAUNEE COUNTY
MEDICATION AND SHARPS
September 7, 2013
8:30 am to 11:30 am
Highway Department Hillside Shop
E2180 Hwy 54, Casco
· Human Prescription meds
· Over-the-counter meds
· Pills and Capsules
· Sharps containers or approved containers with proper labeling.
(example:high grade plastic jug such as a laundry container with cover. NO milk or beverage containers)
· Biological waste
· Institutional Health Care waste
· Animal prescription meds
· Chemo Therapy drugs
Why is this important?
· Medications can get in the hands of children and pets and poison them.
· Medications are polluting lakes, streams and soils
· Municipal water treatment and home septic systems do not filter out these substances
· Pill bottles left in the trash can lead to identity theft
Please put your pills in a plastic bag. NO bottles or containers
Questions? Call Kewaunee County 920-845-9702